Thursday, April 8, 2010

Upper Endoscopy

Tomorrow at Noon I will be undergoing an outpatient procedure - my second upper endoscopy. If you don't know what it is, I found a really good website that describes it very easily:  drjoycerichards.com

Here is a picture of the procedure:



Now, I promise you this procedure is NOT scary at all. So if you find yourself needing one (because of abdominal pain, reflux, heartburn, rectal bleeding... ect) don't you worry. The twilight zone makes you forget the entire thing! In fact it's basically like drinking a tiny bit too much but no hangover. :P 

Unless you are like me and you freak out when you wake up under the twilight zone and then that's another case but..... yeah. Anywho! The nurses definitely have seen it all. I am pretty sure that I am on the records tho for screaming to the nurses that the Dr was a "LIAR" and didn't even do the procedure because he didn't find anything. And that Fibromialgia is NOT real because I say so! 


BTW he did do the endoscopy.... just no biopsy so I was half right. right?  And Fibromyalgia DOES exist and it sucks and I apologized immensely to that nurse who just so happened to suffer from such a horrible condition.  And did you know I might have Fibromyalgia? 


And did you know that I too want to be a nurse? Well, in case you didn't I said it. I am putting it out there for the world to know. And also, MY "quality of care" will be outstanding and will NOT include eating a bagel during the patient's trans-vaginal exam... and I will NOT yell at the patient for wanting her boyfriend in the room during such a weird and freaky experience.


and yes, those two bold & horrible things did happen to me and I was appalled and I DID let the right people know and those people got in trouble.  Also, I will NOT pull out a poor girls cathader when she didn't even know she had one. :( Gosh, I have horrible luck it seems!



And (for the millionth time?) I am going to a DIFFERENT hospital for this procedure. Never again, unless absolutely necessary, will I step a TOE in that horrible, good-for-nothing, excuse of a Hospital and *cough* it's Scripps in Encintas *cough*.



Wish me luck!!!! 

0 comments: